Ability and knowledge to participate in completing the FMEA Process
Ability and knowledge to lead a team in the FMEA Process
Ability to teach and mentor Participants and Team Leads in the FMEA Process
Ability to lead an organization implementing FMEA
APQP Training Program
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
|ON SITE||OFF SITE||ONLINE|
APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) is a structured method that defines and establishes the steps necessary to ensure products meet requirements and customer expectations. There are (6) major sub-sections for APQP: Preparation; Planning and Defining; Product Design and Development; Process Design and Development; Product and Process Validation; and Feedback, Assessment, and Corrective Action. There is a natural linkage of information between all (6) sub-sections, and this training will define how the various quality tools and processes all flow and work together.
This APQP course outlines a discipline and logical set of guidelines and explains the connection with the systems engineering Vee model. Both APQP and Systems Engineering recommend the same phases of product and process development and implementing a common set of core tools. and processes all flow and work together.
This training program is intended to provide an introduction and foundation of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP). Mastering the content will improve product quality, reliability, dependability, and launch effectiveness. At the end of this course you should be able to:
• Define the 6 phases of APQP
• Explain the linkage of APQP and Systems Engineering to Product Development Process
• Define the linkage of DFMEA output and APQP
• Define the linkage of PFMEA output and APQP
• List the linkage between the DFMEA and PFMEA
• Define the linkage of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and APQP
• Define the linkage of Control Plans and APQP
• Define the linkage between PFD, PFMEA and PCP
• Define the quality expectations for the customer/supplier
• Define what is required for APQP Approval
• Define audit criteria to make sure the part supplied meets product requirements
• Define your process capability, including sub-suppliers, of producing a conforming product to design specifications
• Define how APQP will enhance the production control plan and quality management system (QMS) to prevent non-conforming product from reaching the customer
• Define the roles of both management and engineers within the APQP Process
• Define the importance of the APQP Audit process
• Define how APQP is associated within QMS, ISO-9001:2015, and IATF-16949:2016
APQP is a structured method that defines and establishes steps necessary to ensure supplier parts meet the customer requirements and expectations. APQP supports organizations quality management system (QMS) and continuous improvement of product and process quality and reliability.
This purpose of APQP is focused on communication, quality planning, demonstration of management support, and cooperation between the customer and the supplier. The benefits of APQP include directing resources into; early identification of required changes, avoidance of late changes, and developing and delivering a quality product on time at the lowest cost. Understanding and implementation of APQP processes reinforce an organizations ability to meet ISO-9001:2015 and IATF-16949:2016 requirements.
This course will cover the following APQP items and their interactions throughout the 6 defined steps:
|Step One: Prepare for APQP||
The following are the inputs and outputs of Step One:
|Step Two: Plan and Define Program||
The following are the inputs and outputs of Step Two:
|Step Four: Process Design and Development||
The following are the inputs and outputs of Step Three:
|Step Four: Process Design and Development||
The following are the inputs and outputs of Step Four:
|Step Five: Product and Process Validation||
The following are the inputs and outputs of Step Five:
|Step Six: Feedback, Assessment, and Corrective Action||
The following are the inputs and outputs of Step Six:
Additional linkage of APQP outputs and the overall product development process include:
• Commodity Sourcing Strategy Meeting
At the end of the training the participant will be required to take quizzes that test proficiency. At the end of the training the participant will also be required to complete a course survey based on the course material and the instructor. ReliaTrain uses the results of the quizzes and surveys to update the training to provide the best experience to participants.
This is a Level One foundation training module and does not have required prerequisite training or experience. However, this course is a Prerequisite for higher level (Competency, Proficient, and Expert) FMEA Certification.
COURSE RECOMMENDED PARTICIPANTS
This course is intended for management and engineers in areas of: design, manufacturing, assembly, quality, service, packaging, material handling, FMEA facilitators and supplier quality (Including Suppliers).
This APQP training program is intended for all industries (using AIAG APQP or Aerospace AS9145) including but not limited to:
Consumer Lifestyle Products
Tooling and Equipment
Oil and Gas
Trains & Railroad Equipment
Phones & Personal Devices