Ability and knowledge to participate in completing the FMEA Process
Ability and knowledge to lead a team in the FMEA Process
Ability to teach and mentor Participants and Team Leads in the FMEA Process
Ability to lead an organization implementing FMEA
ISO 26262 Training Program
Functional Safety Basics ISO 26262 (FSB)
|ON SITE||OFF SITE||ONLINE|
FSB (Functional Safety Basics) is an organized set of steps that will ensure your product development system fully comprehends Functional Safety elements and integrates ISO- 26262 standards into your organization’s best practices. This Functional Safety course comprehends industry best practices for safety readiness and organizes them into disciplined and logical steps.
Functional Safety is an overriding set of principles that ensures your organization comprehends risks caused by malfunctioning Electrical/Electronics (E/E) systems. Functional Safety is a subset of an organization’s System Safety processes. The ISO- 26262 standard is the guideline that defines and establishes the steps necessary to ensure that you have comprehended proper safety standards for E/E systems.
This course is intended to provide an overview on Functional Safety. At the end of this course you should be able to:
• Define how Functional Safety is a subset of overall System Safety
• Define how the International Standard ISO-26262 impacts your organization’s Functional Safety program
• Define key definitions for Functional Safety
• Define how functions are assessed and defined in the ASIL levels
• Define how to conduct a HARA (Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment)
Functional Safety Basics provides the necessary background and tools to understand how to meet critical ISO- 26262 requirements and integrate these requirements upstream into your organizations Functional Safety systems.
This course will cover the following Functional Safety items:
• Functional Safety Analyses - Identify failure causes and effects of faults in safety-critical Items
• HARA – Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment - Method to identify and categorize hazardous events of Items and to derive safety goals and ASILs
• ASIL - Automotive Safety Integrity Level - Used to specify Item's necessary requirements of ISO 26262 – QM, A, B, C, D
• Functional Safety Audit - examine Safety Plan and work products to verify that the Functional Safety Process requirements have been met
• Functional Safety Case (or Safety Case)- item safety requirements are complete and satisfied by evidence compiled from work products of the safety activities during development – reviewed collection of documents
• Functional Safety Concept - Specification of FSRs allocated to architectural elements and the interaction necessary to achieve the safety goals
• Functional Safety Requirement (FSR) - independent safety behavior or safety measures
• Safety Plan - manage and guide the execution of the functional safety activities of a project including dates, milestones, tasks, deliverables, responsibilities and resources
• Safety Goal - A top-level safety requirement derived from the HARA
• Technical Safety Requirement (TSR) – implementation specific requirements from TSRs that can be allocated to Software and Hardware elements
At the end of the training the participant will be required to take quizzes that test proficiency and complete a course survey based on the course material and the instructor. ReliaTrain uses the results of the quizzes and surveys to update the training to provide the best experience to participants.
This is a Level One foundation training module and does not have required prerequisite training or experience. However, this course is a Prerequisite for higher level (Competency, Proficient, and Expert) FMEA Certification.
COURSE RECOMMENDED PARTICIPANTS
This course is intended for OEM’s and Suppliers in the areas of product design, systems engineering, product development, and quality.
This FSB training program is intended for all industries including but not limited to:
Consumer Lifestyle Products
Tooling and Equipment
Oil and Gas
Trains & Railroad Equipment
Phones & Personal Devices
ReliaTrain offers mentoring, facilitation, and training support for Product and Process Development based on Quality and Reliability industry standards. ReliaTrain provides step-by-step methodologies that can be tailored to your organizational requirements. Let ReliaTrain experts support implementation of FSB methodology at your company.